Thursday, 14 February 2013

Champagne Box

One of my Friend's 21st was fast approaching and we didn't have a box, I had a free afternoon one day and decided to make a Champagne box instead of buying one that isn't that personal to the person.

 I decided to use the same processes as the 3-D letters, by printing out the typeface 'Emma' and spray mounting it lightly so it was tacky. I then cut around the letters, producing a stencil format, so the letters wouldn't fall out.



What I found was the 3mm craft cardboard I was using didn't work as well as I hoped. The tabs were too thick thus making the rectangle out of shape. It also caused the lid having issues shutting, this was down to the side tab putting whole squareness out. The scoring and cutting of the card was rather difficult for such dense cardboard, I was surprised the card and glue held the weight of the bottle, overall I am happy with the overall design but the execution of the box was let down slightly due to the tabs. Never less Emma was happy with her box and it's now sitting on her shelve at home.

Friday, 27 July 2012

GB


Finished G and B just in time for Team GB in the Olympics 

Bold Baskerville G











After the end of year exhibition I decided to construct the G, for Team GB. It seemed to go together far quicker than the B, I guess it's because I had done it before.